Miscellaneous

$1 million in grant funds are available for 50 000 eligible applicants

Announced by Women Bureau

US department of Labour (Source: Courtesy US department of Labour)
Indigenous people quote by Leo Di Caprio
(Source: Courtesy Leo Di Caprio )
USPA NEWS - The Women´s Bureau is thrilled to announce the availability of $1 million in grant funds to support research and analysis needed to develop and implement paid family and medical leave programs in jurisdictions across the country and Indian/Native American tribes with a population of at least 10,000
Women's Bureau logo
Source: Women's bureau
The Women´s Bureau is thrilled to announce the availability of $1 million in grant funds to support research and analysis needed to develop and implement paid family and medical leave programs in jurisdictions across the country. The Funding Opportunity Announcement outlines the grant priorities, evaluation factors, and application guidance for up to six competitive grants.  Eligible applicants include government entities from states, U.S. territories and possessions, counties and cities with at least 50,000 residents, and federally recognized Indian/Native American tribes with a population of at least 10,000. This is the third year of funding, building upon the 2014 and 2015 grant programs, through which the Women´s Bureau awarded over $2 million to support paid leave studies. Secretary Perez announced the grant opportunity today at a roundtable discussion at the U.S. Department of Labor. The event brought together leaders from Nestlé, Spotify, and other businesses to examine the growing momentum behind paid family and medical leave across the United States. “We need to do more to give people the tools they need to succeed at work and home, so they don´t have to choose between the families they love and the jobs they need,“ said U.S. Secretary of Labor Thomas E. Perez. “A growing body of research demonstrates that investing in paid family and medical leave is good for families, good for businesses and good for the economy overall. We are proud to support efforts that would expand access to these programs.“------------------------------------ The Department of Labor´s Employment and Training Administration, along with the Women´s Bureau, will host a Prospective Applicant WebEx webinar on Thursday, May 12, at 2:00 p.m. EDT. Participants will have an opportunity to ask questions during the webinar. Interested prospective applicants must register for the webinar in advance of the event,

more information: https://I am correspondent based in France, registered and empowered by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. I am wheelchair bound, and work on my own, without any assistant, nor photographer, working under my name. The law punishes the identity theft.

Liability for this article lies with the author, who also holds the copyright. Editorial content from USPA may be quoted on other websites as long as the quote comprises no more than 5% of the entire text, is marked as such and the source is named (via hyperlink).